Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Broker...

I am happy. For after a long long time I actually finished a book...And it is a book that i did not keep down with a frown...instead when I closed the book I had a smile that spelt satisfactopn. A John Grisham book...The Broker. Honestly this guy lacks the adrenaline rush which a Frederick Forsyth promises, nor the racing heartbeat guaranteed by a Robert Ludlum or the exquisite simple story telling of Jeffrey Archer...yet the guy has style and a way with simple words. I loved the book not because of the way he described the CIA...they were as good as shadows lurking in the background. I loved the way he described a small town in Italy. It left me dreaming. I could feel travelling in those buses, could feel my steps guiding me through the porticoes, could sniff the cigarette smoke in the small cafe's and feel the pride of people as they talked about their country.
A good book. Not much of a thriller...just a nice bedtime read about an old man finding love and himself as he runs away from himself...
A 7 out of 10...

5 Comments:

Blogger Astral said...

That book seems to be interesting... will read it soon.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kanika said...

you should....

5:47 AM  
Blogger ~ Deeps ~ said...

nice paperback........but not like his earlier works.......

11:38 PM  
Blogger Kanika said...

Agreed....i have definetely read better stuff...

3:36 AM  
Blogger workhard said...

John Grisham is good .. i read a time to kill which also was made into a movie..kinda slow but good.. i still have to read this one.. thanks for the review..

Make website india

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home