Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Out of hibernation I say

Whew...Went through a bad phase...stopped blogging...what to say.

But I am back. The winters were too long but I decided to pick up another book and let it thrill me. One disappointmnet after another, exams and what not. Not anymore I say...I am back with a vengeance.

I was wondering what to write, about which book to talk about and then I decided to write about FOUNTAIN HEAD. People have read it, people have liked it. I...Hate it!

Why did i pick this book? A friend of mine is reading it...and when we were talking about the book...it brought back memories. Not honestly good ones but interesting in their own right.

FOR ALL THOSE WHO LIKE THE BOOK....I APOLOGISE. But I HATE IT.

Two very strong reasons....

A....NO WRITING STYLE. It was too much of mumbo jumbo, tooooo lengthy and way too out of its league. What Howard Roark stood for? FREEDOM....what was he? A SLAVE OF PERFECTION!!! HIS OWN EGO!!! AND SADLY A SLAVE OF LOVE.

And not to forget this woman totaly screwed up LOVE. I mean...whatever kind of a man falls in love with a woman and rapes her? And what kind of a mental creature loves a man and goes and gets married to his arc enemy so as to set him free? So as to punish him for loving her?

PLEASE. LOVE is not sadistic, nor is it anger and frustration and lust. Love is...simply Love. Lets for once get real....lets for once understand that you don't become a hero if you dont do what you preach. Howard hated the fella for he was a prisoner of the society, and then he pitied the person who was enslaved by money. What was he? ENSLAVED by his own prejudice, his righteousness...his false ego and that belief that he is right.

I love beautiful architecture...Not that i really understand the arc and the domes and the difference between them...But i feel them speaking to me. Why not make a beautiful house? Why not accessorise it with pillars? Why not? Whats wrong in that?

And not that tall straight buildings aren't sexy or anything. I completely love big spaces, nicely done corridors and straight no hassle building.

They speak. The curved architecture (referring to the old school...please dont be mad for my technical know how is very very limited!!!!) is a symbol of dominance with humility. Imagine a King living in a straight jacket catle...what does the castle convey? Rigidity. But a small arc, a humble dome and the magnanimous pillars...they suggest Leadership. He is courteous and welcoming yet stands on his own ethics that hold up his pride. Its like...I am here to serve you...yet I will guide you!

And then lets talk about the straight tall buildings that defy gravity? They are amazing cause they symbolize raw power. They talk about the ruthlessness of perfection, of a human spirit that can soar up to the sky!

Everything has its own perspective...Howard Roark and his dear Dominique have none. Sadly Sadistic and VERY VAIN....

I can go on and on about it. But it would not do. All I want to ask Ayn Rand is...

If her idea behind the book is to awaken the people who run blindly after all the wrong things...why does she choose a protogonist who is soooo POWER CRAZY. Why does he want the office on the tallest building? Why does he crave recognition? WHY???

Again people who like it....NO OFFENCE

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ Deeps ~ said...

gud to see "no comebacks" in the list......btw fountainhead is one of my favs

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home