Thursday, January 05, 2006

By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept...WOW

I recently read the book by Paulo Coehlo and well....it was nice. More so it was beautiful...this person really has a flare for beauty. But my excitement when i had started reading the book was dampened....reason...the cry about the feminine side of god. BEing a Hindu I never imagined my reliegion to be so forward. It is perhaps something i am proud of...we have always worshipped goddesses...it is second nature. Woman has always held a great place in our religion....sadly not in our society. This made me wonder about the book and i somehow lost the excitement...I would say it is a good book...till the time he starts about religion. I would rate it a 4 on 10.

But i honestly think this man is a wonderful writer....i don't love his Alchemist as much as i love the ELEVEN MINUTES...anyone and everyone should read it....its amazing...a 10 on 10 book by my scales.

1 Comments:

Blogger Divyam Kaushik said...

i have read this book... its wonderful...and i realize how good it was more now.. after the gurl i loved the most... left me... high and dry....she didnt ditched me.. but... she did left me..

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home